We welcome submissions from all current students at Mayo Clinic School of Medicine (both MD and MD/PhD). Please adhere to the following requirements:
- Send your post as a Word document attachment to MayoClinicSOM@mayo.edu
- Posts should be no longer than 500 words
- Posts may be on any topic as long as it relates to your experience as a medical student or as a resident of Rochester. Some suggested topics include: selectives, clinical experiences, community events, social outings, work-life balance, and medically related food recipes. This list is not exhaustive, so please be creative!
- Please include the following additional materials:
- A suggested title for your blog post
- 1-2 photographs (jpeg attachments) to include within the body of the blog post. Please do not submit photos of patients
- A 2-3 sentence author information blurb which gives your year in school, your specialty interest(s), and any other information you may wish to provide readers. For example, "Tyler is a second year medical student from Woodbridge, VA who is interested in pediatrics and surgery. He enjoys reading, cycling, and being outdoors."
- A photograph (jpeg attachment) to include as a profile picture, which will go next to your name as the author of the blog post
- Please note that we also welcome submissions of other media types, such as video and other art work
Submission of a post does not guarantee publication on Meet Mayo Med. All posts are subject to review by an editorial board of current students. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at MayoClinicSOM@mayo.edu
Thank you, and we look forward to reading your submissions!